Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ace, Moving Forward  (Read 13744 times)

slamduncan

• ACE my next project
Re: Ace, Moving Forward
« Reply #465 on: June 26, 2018, 04:45:54 am »

Well I didn't post so here's how it went over the top awesome.  The whole barn pinned in every class entered. Sam and I did very well.  I posted in the show thread.  I can not give enough thanks to the 4 grooms who worked from 5 am until at least 11 pm washing grooming and getting us into the ring we missed no classes and in one session on Sat 7 classes 12 riders. 

The social side of the show was wonderful and I had some friends who live within an hour of the show come up for a bit on Sat afternoon.
I am about back to normal here and now just am going to enjoy Ace until the next show in August.  Sam as 3 weeks of horse camp.  Dan is very pleased with her seat and legs, her hands and chin need a bit of work.  Yep it's being picky but she is riding at a much higher level in rated shows and while she is 9 she is riding against kids that aging out (12) of the 11 and under Walk Trot.  If you don't know the kids ride their age as of Jan 1.  So if they turn 12 an 2nd they can still ride 11 and under.

So, I have some gardening to do then relax for the rest of the day.
Judi and the Boys, Rhode Island

slamduncan

• ACE my next project
« Reply #466 on: June 28, 2018, 05:00:37 pm »

I got the bills for the 2 shows for the last 2 weekends.  My trainer is VERY generous and kind to me.
Because my Daughter in Law works for him and one of the other grooms stays with us he has not charged me for the camper fees. Granted he can use it as a write off on the business but it makes me a happy client that's for sure.

Over the time I have been at his barn he has really been so good to us.  I know of no other Fresian owner or trainer that will do half leases for clients and believe me the care taken for us and the horses is just wonderful.  Ace gets treated just like the big horses.  Even in retirement he is living large.  It means a lot to me to have him in a safe place with people who understand him.

slamduncan

• ACE my next project
« Reply #467 on: July 05, 2018, 03:52:15 am »

Again, the best laid plans and all that...  I was going to go to the barn this morning, but the weather is still beyond nasty so I think I'll go up next week
Tomorrow this stuff is supposed to break with rain and t storms, but they will take this stuff out of here.

slamduncan

• ACE my next project
« Reply #468 on: July 07, 2018, 07:45:05 am »

All we got was a shower and one thunder clap.  That was it.  But by early evening the humid stuff was leaving.

It is beautiful today.  UPS brought my 2 new driving hats.  Derby hats, I am sure you ladies from down south are familiar with them.  One is red and one black both decorated with crystals on the huge bows.  Over the top for the driving classes.

I am going to enjoy this nice weather it is here for the next couple of days.  I'll take it.

slamduncan

• ACE my next project
« Reply #469 on: July 11, 2018, 02:02:18 pm »

I went up to the barn this morning. I clipped and groomed Ace and enjoyed a nice visit.  One of the other ladies handed me a gift bag and in said bag was an over the top top to wear in driving classes. Fushia, silver and black sequins with beadwork along the border.  The judges will hear me hitting the ring.
A nice time at the barn.  Next week I have been assigned the task of taking the campers for a ride on the track in the Matathon cart, too much fun for sure.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32]   Go Up