Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ace, Moving Forward  (Read 13357 times)

slamduncan

• ACE my next project
Re: Ace, Moving Forward
« Reply #450 on: May 01, 2018, 10:43:52 am »

We have finally settled on my show schedule for 2018.
June 14-17  Down East Congress, Skowhegan. ME.  A great show and I love the ring  it's HUGE so Fromka will have a blast.
June 20-24 North East Fresian Show, Deerfield Fairgrounds, Deerfield, NH.  Another really nice ring.
August 22-26  Midnight Summer Classic, Eastern States grounds. W. Springfield, MA.
October 3-7 WORLD SHOW in Ohio.   This is the big one folks. 
October 24-28 Octoberfest, Eastern States grounds.  W. Springfield, MA

Sammi will be showing with me in all except the world show.  In a few years she will be going. 

I know it's not a lot of shows, but they are all rated and big.  I think it's a fitting way to end my time in the ring except for maybe once in a while in the future.  My trainer and farrier are saying NO that they want me to show again.  Time will tell.  Honestly showing once in a while will do it for me, I want to continue to drive and ride so we will see.
At the Congress Sammi and I will do the family class.  We did it last year with Ace and pulled a 4th let us see what the all girl team does this year.
At the Deerfield show, Jenna (my farrier/groom) and I are doing the ride/drive class with Fromka.  Jenna and I have already told Danny she is ours not his.  He just laughs at us.  We call it Girl Power. lol.
Judi and the Boys, Rhode Island

slamduncan

• ACE my next project
« Reply #451 on: May 02, 2018, 11:00:44 am »

I went to the barn this morning.  Saw Ace for a bit and an awesome ride on Fromka.  Next week I am going to ride the flat saddle to see how I really am doing  lol.

A little over a month until the Congress.  We are all looking forward to it.  We are taking 7 Fresians and one Saddlebred. 

Sammi is riding Ace this afternoon.  She's all happy about that.  While she enjoys Fromka and is all about showing her this year Ace is still her main man. 

Temps are in the high 80s this afternoon with a bad air alert.

slamduncan

• ACE my next project
« Reply #452 on: May 04, 2018, 07:56:21 pm »

The World Fresian Show in October is going to be held at the Champions Center Expo in Springfield, Ohio.

If any of you all are near there I would LOVE to meet you.  I know October seems a way off but it will be here before we all know it.

slamduncan

• ACE my next project
« Reply #453 on: May 11, 2018, 12:40:07 pm »

I went to the barn on Wed and rode for almost 45 minutes with lots of trotting and I rode in my cutback.  Not sure what seat I am going to ride at the early shows it might be my Dressage Saddle.

This morning Miss Dog went to see her doctor.  She has to wear a muzzle when blood is drawn because the girl hates needles.  It took 4 of us to hold her steady for the blood draw and she weighs 14.5 lbs.  So then the tech goes to trim her toes and before she even clipped ONE toe the screaming started.  It continued for the time it takes to trim all 4 paws.  We were laughing to hard we all had tears.  Then the muzzle comes off and I put her on the floor and she flounces out of the treatment room like the little queen she is and promptly decided to challenged a German Shepherd puppy about half grown.  I put her little butt in the truck and then went in and told everyone I was sorry.  The guy with the big dog was still laughing.
So that was our excitement for today.  Still working on the yard it's almost done.  I'll ride again on Monday.

slamduncan

• ACE my next project
« Reply #454 on: May 14, 2018, 02:22:02 pm »

I rode this morning.  I really like this mare she has a new name we call her The Princess.  lol  Actually the kids named her.  Dan just laughs at her fan club.

The Fresian Drill Team, members from all over new England are going on a Hunter Pace this Sunday, that ought to be a hoot.  I believe there are 10 of them.  Dan asked if I wanted to ride, but I said no and that I hope they have a great time.
One month until The Down East Congress in Maine.  I'm hopeful for a good show.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31]   Go Up