Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32   Go Down

Author Topic: Ace, Moving Forward  (Read 13743 times)

slamduncan

• ACE my next project
Re: Ace, Moving Forward
« Reply #435 on: March 19, 2018, 01:48:20 pm »

As I was coming back into the house from walking with Missy I spotted several groups of Spring flowers poking out of frozen ground with snow surrounding a patch of bare ground.  I am going to attempt to post one for all of us who are wintered out on this board. Well, the shot is lost in the never never land of my laptop, but it is so nice to see spring

Judi and the Boys, Rhode Island

slamduncan

• ACE my next project
« Reply #436 on: March 21, 2018, 11:44:47 am »

Getting old is NOT for the faint of heart.
I went to the eye doctor this morning, I am developing Cataracts. I have no issues with my sight but I have to pay attention.  I also had to get new glasses, but they had a deal going so it's all good.

Other than that it is snowing and just plain nasty out doors.  I'm waiting for my eyes to get back to normal so I can read again.

slamduncan

• ACE my next project
« Reply #437 on: March 26, 2018, 02:56:42 am »

It's not even 5 am and I am up having coffee, then I have to head into Providence to the VA for a lung scan.
My doctor suggested I get one done as I have been a non smoker for over 10 years.  After doing our research Mike and I decided for me to have it done.  So, I will report for it for 7:30 this morning. To be clear there are NO issues to suggest anything is wrong it's just to be sure nothing is wrong.

Tomorrow I am going to the barn, I'm hoping to ride Miss Fromka.  If I do I'll make sure Dan takes some pictures on my phone so you all can have a good giggle.

I hope everyone is safe from all the storms that took place over the weekend.

slamduncan

• ACE my next project
« Reply #438 on: March 27, 2018, 11:40:41 am »

I went up to the barn this morning.  I rode Fromka for the first time.  She is just a loving wonderful horse.  I have not ridden since last June so it was a test for me and Danny and Fromka.  She was great took good care of the old lady.  Danny says this will work and I will be able to show her under saddle also.  who would of thought....

So, now I start going to the barn at least once a week to ride and/or drive.  It's all good.

slamduncan

• ACE my next project
« Reply #439 on: March 28, 2018, 02:55:46 am »

Woke up this morning to the Dept of Environmental Management warning certain parts of the State of RI to be careful of BEARS!!!  Now most people think of RI as the beach and Newport with the mansions.  There are parts of the state that are rural but bears??

There have been more bear sightings in the state over the last few years, but this is the first time DEM has issued warning. 

After riding yesterday, I am not sore this morning.  I guess walking the dog helps with the old legs.   lol

slamduncan

• ACE my next project
« Reply #440 on: March 31, 2018, 02:53:24 pm »

I am hoping to go to the barn on Monday but now they are saying we could get 2 to 4 inches of heavy wet snow.  YUCK!!!!
Yesterday they said maybe, about a 15% chance, at last look on my phone it's up to 60% chance of snow.  I'll keep an eye on it and figure out what I am going to do tomorrow and let Dan know.

Other than that all is nice and quiet here in RI.  I want to wish one and all a nice day tomorrow no matter how you spend it.  We have a guest coming for dinner and it will be a nice day.  Sam will be down here the week of the 15th.  We will have to go get her a new Hunt Coat as she is growing like a little weed.

slamduncan

• ACE my next project
« Reply #441 on: April 03, 2018, 10:54:17 am »

I went to the barn this morning.  I rode again was up about 30 minutes did more trotting than last week.  It's all really going well.  Dan is all happy with me.  Makes me happy when all he says is "good Judi"  "you look great"  Our first show is Father's Day Weekend so I have time to get stronger.

We have rain headed in here later on.  Not sure if it's regular rain or freezing rain  I guess time will tell.

slamduncan

• ACE my next project
« Reply #442 on: April 06, 2018, 01:31:02 pm »

I thought it was supposed to be spring.  I mean my early flowers are up and beautiful  but it snowed again this morning.  It has now switched over to rain.  Cold and just nasty for sure.

I am hopeful that this weather pattern gets itself straightened out.
Missy just got a beautiful gift of a blinged out little collar from Gail Travis. (Inspired Turquoise Tack)  Her work is just beautiful. It decorates my home as Gail was Duncan's Sponsor for National Barrel Horse and also did a set for Ace.  I should really start getting some of it gone but it's difficult as each piece holds such wonderful memories.
Anyway, I'm going up to ride again on Monday and then on Sun the 15th I am attending a Breeding Clinic on AI and a couple of other issues put on by North East Fresian, it's a free clinic and open to the public.  I am looking forward to it and have a few questions about cloning.

slamduncan

• ACE my next project
« Reply #443 on: April 11, 2018, 01:40:47 pm »

I went up to the barn this morning.  I rode with another lady of a certain age and we had so much fun.  Dan says it's probably the best session he'll have all week.  I was up for about 45minutes and upped the amount of trotting time.  Dan says he can see me getting stronger.  Makes me happy.

Ace is giving a driving lesson this afternoon to a total beginner, I told her it will be all good and he will teach her a ton.  I am looking forward to hearing how they did.

slamduncan

• ACE my next project
« Reply #444 on: April 13, 2018, 08:59:24 am »

We are finishing off the yard.  We added a small patio off the front door and that's all set, with a Teak table and chairs and 2 umbrellas and Mikes bucket list grilling center.  lol.

We have a lovely fenced dog area in the side yard and we got a 5 piece set with an umbrella.  I went shopping this morning and got the cushions for the 2 chairs and settee and a storage chest/coffee type table.  Now, if the weather would do what it is supposed to our yard is going to be pretty.
When it's all set up I'll post pictures.

I am collecting things I want to sell at the open house/clinic at the barn on Sunday.  Jamie(equine massage person) and are sharing a table and she has done an over the top job cleaning up my 2 carts which I hope to sell so I can get my new cart.  I will take pictures when we get it all set up.  We are looking forward to the day even though the weather is supposed to suck  LOL

Sam will be coming home with me and spend the week.  Lots of stuff planned it's always fun when she's around.

slamduncan

• ACE my next project
« Reply #445 on: April 16, 2018, 05:24:33 am »

The weather here in New England yesterday was cold, windy and just plain nasty.  From southern Vermont and New Hampshire north there were ice storms.
We had the gathering at the barn and about 30 people attended.  After a fast meeting we were entertained with an in depth talk  on the history of the Fresian breed given by Susan Gere Porter one of the first people to import the breed from the Netherlands. 
I picked up Sam and we got home ahead of the storm. 

slamduncan

• ACE my next project
« Reply #446 on: April 16, 2018, 12:45:08 pm »

We had a big change in plans due to the weather today.
I had an issue with my cell phone so had to hit the Verizon store and as long as we were there we hit Dover Saddlery.  Boy did we ever.  Sam has out grown her hunt coat, and boots so we started there and got a bunch more stuff.

Hunkered down here for the duration of a really nasty rain and wind storm.

slamduncan

• ACE my next project
« Reply #447 on: April 22, 2018, 10:21:25 am »

Yesterday morning Sam and I headed for the barn to meet her Mom.
We played with Ace who was not nice at all.  But, she stayed on and told him to knock it off.

Good trip up and back.  Today I am working in the yard and maybe I'll take a nap in a bit.
The weather is finally really nice so outside is really a pleasure.

slamduncan

• ACE my next project
« Reply #448 on: April 25, 2018, 05:36:57 am »

The vet is due at the barn today for annual shots and Coggins pull.
Ace is going to get another round of Adaquan IM.  When Sam was riding him on Sat I noticed he has his little hop back on the right rear.  The massage person says his Gaskin is tight.  It does release with massage, but,even though, he's not showing any longer I still want him comfortable.
The weather is raining and cool today do it's a great day for the vet to take over the barn. 

I need a day off from yard work so it's all good.

slamduncan

• ACE my next project
« Reply #449 on: April 25, 2018, 06:33:23 pm »

Ace did well with his annual today.  The new Vet was impressed with his overall condition for an 18 year old horse.  She also left the Adaquan IM for Dan.  That will be started tomorrow.  Jamie, the massage person is going to work on him tomorrow also and will let me know about the Gaskin issue.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32   Go Up