Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ace, Moving Forward  (Read 12696 times)

slamduncan

• ACE my next project
Re: Ace, Moving Forward
« Reply #420 on: February 05, 2018, 03:48:40 pm »

Please enjoy this picture of Sammi with our trainer Dan Dali of Mountain View Training Center of Granby, MA also in the shot are the former President of NE Fresian, the VP and Holly Dali, Dan's daughter and one of Sammi's best friends.

I am so proud of Sam and Ace.  They stepped up in the shows they showed in and also this was her first year in Walk Trot.
Judi and the Boys, Rhode Island

slamduncan

• ACE my next project
« Reply #421 on: February 12, 2018, 05:39:43 am »

What a wild ride in the weather department here in RI over the weekend.  We got about
3 inches of rain yesterday and temps in the 50s where they still are.  It's winter, go figure.

There have been several coyote sightings in our neighborhood over the last week or so.  Last night Missy was up and barking 4 times at something going on in the yard.  I should have gotten up to see what had her upset she usually sleeps all night in the bed on the rear of the house with us but she was upset last night.

On another note one of the ladies at the barn called me last night to ask me if I would drive her horse and explain to her the finer points of making the picture pretty for the show ring.  After I picked myself up I explained that she would have to talk to Dan and get his blessing.  I will NOT do it without his ok.  I did thank her and told her I was honored.  Time will tell

Sammi arrives this coming Sat for a week, life is good.

I also want to wish Karen and John a wonderful vacation.

slamduncan

• ACE my next project
« Reply #422 on: February 13, 2018, 06:44:09 pm »

My trainer just announced that he and his partner are getting a newborn little boy to add to their family.  This means that Holly, Sammi's friend is now a big sister.

Dan had a 2 hour notice that the baby was arriving. All of us in the barn family are so happy for Dan and his family.
Believe me these 2 children are so lucky to have the parents they have.

slamduncan

• ACE my next project
« Reply #423 on: February 17, 2018, 09:53:07 am »

Sammi got here last evening.  So far it's been a nice visit, not doing a lot getting ready for a snow storm here overnight tonight.

We went next door to help the neighbor give her little dog his shot this morning, then walked Missy.  Have all the stuff out for if the power goes out.  It could as this is supposed to be a heavy wet snow, no clue on the winds or not.

It' going to be a nice week.

slamduncan

• ACE my next project
« Reply #424 on: February 19, 2018, 09:50:36 am »

I have 5 saddles here at the house along with lots and lots of tack.

So, Sammi is cleaning tack  lol.  My barrel saddle is really dry so it is getting many applications of Tanners Oil, my go to product for this type of issue.  The kitchen is full of saddle racks and saddles and all the stuff needed to clean said saddles.

When I take her to the barn on Sat morning to meet her Mom we'll take one of the western saddles and a fancy headstall and breastplate and ride Ace Western, something Sam has never done.

The weather has turned out really warm and pleasant for Feb in RI.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29]   Go Up