Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30   Go Down

Author Topic: Ace, Moving Forward  (Read 13156 times)

slamduncan

• ACE my next project
Re: Ace, Moving Forward
« Reply #405 on: December 31, 2017, 09:43:40 am »

It's been beyond cold here in RI as it is in many parts of this country.
So, this morning, about 6:45 I went out to clean snow off my truck and start it up so I could head out to Walmart before the hoards, because the Patriots are playing this afternoon and the stores are always nuts.
So, back to the truck, it would not start the battery was dead.  I had driven it yesterday and I warm it up even if I do not drive it.  So, I called AAA, took 20 minutes to get anyone on the phone, I was told it would be at least an hour. NOPE, he was here in 10 minutes!!!!  The truck started up right away, he told me to leave it running for at least an hour.  Which I did, then we headed out to Auto Zone. As we were under the hood we discovered a piece of Pumpkin Pie, I hate squirrels.  lol

We found out the battery was bad and it was also 8 years old.  So, I had to buy a new on.  162.92 later that's all good.

So, over the last 2 months this truck has cost me about 4000.00 in repairs. I think it's time for a new one.
Other than that it is still dangerously  cold and will continue to be so for at least another week.  We have a good sized storm headed in here Thursday I guess.

That's about it from RI  Talk to you all next year.
Judi and the Boys, Rhode Island

slamduncan

• ACE my next project
« Reply #406 on: January 03, 2018, 08:33:53 am »

I was just talking to my trainer,  he is concerned about this terrible cold and now the major snow storm.  He told me he was thinking about adding a hazardous fee on the board.  I told him whatever he needs.

I know there are extras that must be done in this weather and he does not charge all that much for straight full board.  I told him to let me know.
Other than that we pulled all the lights from the holidays this morning.  We are ready for the storm and it's aftermath.
Everyone stay safe

slamduncan

• ACE my next project
« Reply #407 on: January 04, 2018, 06:52:27 am »

The storm is coming in huge.  They have not said we are in blizzard conditions but I think we are the wind is screaming, the snow is falling at least an inch an hour.

I just heard from a friend in Norfolk, VA and she tells me the Bay bridge is closed and they have lots of snow for them.

This storm is hitting from Florida to Maine.  Not good.  I feel bad for the people in the south.
Stay safe people.

slamduncan

• ACE my next project
« Reply #408 on: January 05, 2018, 10:28:09 am »

I just got a call from Jamie, Ace's massue,  She is a contract plow person in Worcester, MA.  She was in tears as one of her boarders horses had to be euthanized this am.  The BAD part of the whole mess is she tried to talk to the boarder about doing this in the Fall and the owner went ballistic at the very thought.

Upshot is Jamie's 2 daughters went to the barn this am to feed like they always do when they are not in school and found him down, cut to crap and unable to get up.  Jordan called her Mom who told her to go get her husband.  Thomas has been euthanized and the owner is doing poor me's except, I guess Jamie told her to shut up and take care of this mess that never needed to happen.

I feel terrible especially  for the girls.
Other than that it's cold and just nasty outside.

slamduncan

• ACE my next project
« Reply #409 on: January 06, 2018, 03:53:03 pm »

I went out this morning to find my driveway totally  filled with snow as was the walkway out to my truck.

The wind has been terrible all day, but this afternoon Mike finally got the snowblower  fired up and I cleared the driveway.
We are still hunkered down hoping to win powerball tonight.

slamduncan

• ACE my next project
« Reply #410 on: January 09, 2018, 05:26:59 pm »

I just got off the phone with Danny, my trainer, it seems Sammi has a Performance Horse Award coming from the NE Fresian Club!!!!
They have a division for non Fresians.  Dan and I are so proud of Sam and Ace.  She showed open classes with our little STB and did so well.
Just a proud Grandma here.

slamduncan

• ACE my next project
« Reply #411 on: January 12, 2018, 03:58:03 pm »

I am sitting here listening to the wind screaming and the rain pounding.  We just hit a record high of 60, by this time tomorrow it will be back into the teens and 20s.  Go figure.

Ace and Fromka both got worked on today.  I wish Jamie could work on me.  lol.
Sammi had a lesson last evening for the first time since before Christmas.  She did well.  Monday she is going to the barn and ride Ace.  While she really like the mare Ace is her horse and she misses riding him, so she'll have a fun day with her Mom.

Other than that I want Spring.

slamduncan

• ACE my next project
« Reply #412 on: January 16, 2018, 07:19:54 pm »

My friend Dollie, who some might remember from her open heart operation last year has been under the weather for the last few days.  Some issues seemed like maybe the flu. She went to the ER yesterday and they gave her an IV and some other meds.
She felt fine last evening. However this morning she was feeling even worse than before.  She ended up back at the ER and they have decided it's somekind of a virus,  She home as there are no beds.

Stay tuned.

I'm getting ready for the barn party this Sat.

slamduncan

• ACE my next project
« Reply #413 on: January 18, 2018, 04:40:54 pm »

I just got a call from Danny.
Sammi and Ace have won 2 Championships from the North East Fresian Club for 2017.
They won Open Championship in Hand AND Open Walk Trot Pleasure Champion!!!!

To say I am a proud and happy Grandma is a total understatement!!!!

That little horse is just the tops

slamduncan

• ACE my next project
« Reply #414 on: January 20, 2018, 10:30:18 am »

I am leaving in a bit to head up to Mass for the Holiday Barn Party.  Sammi will get her Res Championship from Maine Horse tonight.  She does not know she won anything.  lol

I am looking forward to the trip and will be home tomorrow and will report in as to just how much fun we all had.

slamduncan

• ACE my next project
« Reply #415 on: January 21, 2018, 02:27:15 pm »

I am back from the barn's holiday gathering.  This year Dan and Tim ran a HUGE raffle for the family of a neighbor whose 55 year old husband passed away suddenly.  We raised just a bit over $1000.00 for the cause.  The food was awesome and there were about 150 in attendance and a great time was had by all.

I spent the night at Sammi's house and visited the barn this morning on my way home and had a nice meeting with Danny about this year's show season..  I am excited one more time for another show season.  I will be going to Ohio in October for the world show.  I'll let you know all about that as the year goes on.  I am planning on riding Fromke as well as driving her, I am working on getting strong enough to put on my Saddle Suit and Derby and riding.  lol  That's the goal.  Easy to get into the cart and drive a bit harder to climb aboard and ride.  Time will tell.

slamduncan

• ACE my next project
« Reply #416 on: January 28, 2018, 06:35:10 pm »

Like Karen I am in countdown mode for the banquet for next Sat night.  Sammi will be getting 2 Championships for showing in shows that had Fresian divisions but showing a non Fresian.  I am proud of them.
OK, my good friend Dollie attended the New Hampshire Trail Club's banquet last evening and was awarded her award for 500 miles.  She and her wonderful Saddlebred Honor and Glory aka Andy overcame many health issues to complete her goal that she set a few years ago.  I am so happy for them.

slamduncan

• ACE my next project
« Reply #417 on: January 30, 2018, 05:56:04 am »

The weather folks said, up until at least 10 last night that we would be getting a dusting to an inch of snow over night.  Woke up this am to 4 inches and it's still coming down.  so much for weather people.

We are starting to get a bit excited about Sat night.  Sammi has NO idea that she has 2 NE Fresian Horse Club Championships headed her way.  Pretty good for a little old STB. 

slamduncan

• ACE my next project
« Reply #418 on: February 02, 2018, 10:06:36 am »

Karen will be on her way to Mass.  If I wasn't going to NH to attend a championship awards banquet I would go see her.  But I am planning to meet up with her March 3rd.
I am going to start packing in a bit as I have to go pick up Sammi and Heidi.  I'll spend the night at their house and come back home Sunday morning after a stop at the barn to see Ace.
I'll let everyone know how it all goes.

Best of Luck to Karen and the dogs

slamduncan

• ACE my next project
« Reply #419 on: February 04, 2018, 09:54:06 am »

We had a wonderful time at the awards banquet.  Mountain View took home at least 10 awards maybe a few more and our trainer Dan is now the President of the club.
I left Western Mass at 8 am this morning and ran ahead of a storm.  Home safely.  I hope Karen has a safe trip home the weather is not looking all that great.
I will upload and post some pictures of Sam and her awards in a while
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30   Go Up