Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "The List"  (Read 407 times)

NoBite

• Administrator
"The List"
« on: November 19, 2013, 05:56:59 am »

We appreciate your suggestions and wish list items! That's how we make this board our board. So, this List will serve as a checklist for the Admin and Moderators to investigate possibilities. Can't guarantee that everything on this list can become a reality, but we will check into it and determine what can be done.

Keep entering suggestions, bugs, etc. in the thread below. I will add items to this list and keep it up to date as we have time to get answers.

(PS - Please be patient as the Mods and Admin try to figure this stuff out. We are just regular folks trying to help, not necessarily computer/forum gurus!)

"The List"
- Can we have our location show under our screen names when we post? Looks like we will each need to manually put our location in a signature line. Of course, if you input your location in your profile, it is there for folks to see, but not as convenient to be sure. Stay tuned, may be a new development here.

- Can we have a Reply Button with each post, instead of just at the beginning and end of each thread? No. But, by clicking "Quote" and then deleting that appendage in your reply, you can have the same effect.

- Is "total time logged in" measuring activity time only? How is it computed? The system is measuring activity time, not logged in time. Inactivity while being logged in will not register.

- Tapatalk option. This is to allow the use of a popular mobile device app, Tapatalk, which makes viewing forums on your mobile devices even easier and clearer. This is being facilitated now. It's tricky to get installed, but we are on the way!

- Videos. We can now post a link to a video hosted on a site like You Tube or Photobucket, etc. But, we'd like to be able to insert a video into our post like we do a picture.

- Default forum text size. Is this something that can be changed be each user? No. Any change here would need to be done universally and would affect all views on all devices. So, there is no ability for individual members to change text size via an option within the framework of the forum. Of course, as has been pointed out, depending on the computer system or device you are using, you may find ways to enhance your text size.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 07:14:28 am by NoBite »
- Life is short. Ride your best horse.

John Maldaner, western Kentucky
Star KMSH, 1991-2017 R.I.P.     Legs, MFT, 1999-2018 R.I.P.    Bandit, TWH, 2005   Smokey, TWH, 2010

KysaSD

• Administrator
Re: "The List"
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2013, 08:09:38 am »

- Is "total time logged in" measuring activity time only? How is it computed?
[/quote]
This is a measure of time doing something on the board, and not just that you are logged on with a specific device.
Kysa, South Dakota, 2 Mountain Horses, a Curly Foxtrotter and a Mini, yes, I am crazy!

KysaSD

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2013, 08:11:56 am »

- Can we have a Reply Button with each post, instead of just at the beginning and end of each thread?

You can hit Quote in any post, and you will get that post quoted and a reply box.  You can delete the quoted text if you prefer.  But at is the best way to get a reply box in the middle of a thread.
Kysa, South Dakota, 2 Mountain Horses, a Curly Foxtrotter and a Mini, yes, I am crazy!

KysaSD

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2013, 08:28:29 am »

- Can we have our location show under our screen names when we post?

I thought the software would do this, but apparently not.  But if you click on a person's login name it takes you to a more complete profile.  If they chose to enter a location, it is shown there.
Pages: [1]   Go Up