Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Raylin's Thoughts & Ramblings  (Read 3803 times)

Raylin

• "If you only knew what your horses thought of you!"
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Raylin's Thoughts & Ramblings
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2014, 12:37:16 pm »

The boys are done with school. I can not believe I have a 5th & 2nd grader!!!!

Summer break has started OK for the boys & me. LOVE sleeping in ;) No fighting about bedtimes.

Things are changing around here also. The neighbor had a company in to clear cut some ground & chip it. Since we are a mile or less away he said he was willing to do our woods.  :D So today all the equipment has moved in. Of course the day the stock trailer is in the road & I just got out of the shower when they show up  :-\  Opps.

Anyhoot here is some of the picturs of the start of our woods or what it looked liked.

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Rforshey/media/VID_20140604_131008_367_zpsskeiez1u.mp4.html

The hay field is our neighbors, Grandma's 1st cousin's place. We put that hay up glad we have it up before they moved in.

So things are changing around here. Bitter sweet to see all the trees coming down but we will have pasture for our horses.

Raylin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2014, 10:04:18 am »

OK I am going to miss all the trees but I know this will be an improvement here & we will have pasture. At least all the activity has been entertaining for the boys & me. They have gotten to watch how the skidder & chipper works. So far not the fellabuncher  but I am sure they will. Joe & I are shocked on the amount of logs we actually have back there.

We will have some left over brush & such to clean up but not much. Just will have to get it seeded so weeds don't take over.

Joe has been trying to get a hold of the one neighbor to see if it would be OK they crew goes on their side about 10 feet so running the fence line would be much easier. so far no luck of getting a hold of the man. UGH

For those who are on facebook know I had to take Miss Raz to Ohio State Vet Hospital last week for a lameness exam.  She has damage in both ankles, so she had both ankles injected & the injections should last 6-12 months, long enough to get Randall through 4H. So we will be hunting for a replacement for Raz. She will be so hard to replace though she is a sweet mare.

Of course we are getting episodes of heavy rain so that puts a stop to the logging crew because of the hills & mud.   

Raylin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2014, 06:41:48 pm »

DEPRESSION, I HATE IT. Some will think just get over it & be happy, those who have experienced it in any form knows it is not that easy to do.  YEs you can mask it but somedays that is hard to do.

I am in a big lull right now & it is not pretty. I can not determine if it is just my depression and/or MS.  I know heat kicks my butt & it has been hot & humid so that doesn't help matters.

Plus there is a to do list a mile long.

I did get part of the pasture field brush hogged maybe half a little more today.  Then when Joe got home we started working on piling brush up & burn it.

I guess the pastor's hubby invited us to go trail riding with us today, Joe said or let it slip when we pulled in for Cowboy Church this morning, his comment was he didn't get up early enough to get things ready. UMMMMMMMM I could have helped if he had SAID something!!!!!!

Yesterday was a bad day. I laid down & slept from 1 to 6 & was back in bed by 9 PM.

The new job is going well, it takes me about an hour to feed, just sweating my butt off by the time I am done.  I haven't got a pay check yet, have used the arena & got the cat vaccines so there when my check.

Raylin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2014, 06:48:58 am »

I have decided that I will not be hunting any new horses for us. We have 6 here plus the donkey. I know I should be looking for a replacement for Raz so Randall will have another 4H horse but I don't think I will be. 

Joe seems to be the only one riding & that is for Search & Rescue. He worked Deerasic Classic which is a big outdoor hunting thing. The SAR worked crowd control in 2 days Joe had over 18 hours in the saddle.

I have decided the last few horses we have gotten here has not worked out for what they are suppose to be used for. Besides Raz.

I have actually thought about selling Lovey. Just keeping the ones who are being used or are not sellable due to one reason or another.

Raylin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2014, 07:51:23 am »

Wow school started yesterday for the boys, I can not believe I have a 2nd & a 5th grader. Most of you guys have watched these 2 grow up way to quickly.

I made Randall get Raz so I could take her to the barn, LOL Hey it's okay to do chores before school ;)

We less than 3 weeks to get everything ready for the county fair. I changed Raz to a different bit last week, I could kick myself several times over, it is like he is riding a new horse, she has become a gaiting, head shaken machine.  Last night at the meeting I was allowing him to have a little fun, he is determined to learn how to canter her. He has gained so much confidence which is wonderful, but can be nerve racking for Momma.

The job of feeding is still going. It has had some of its quirks which if it gets to bad, I can walk away, no loss to me. Just don't want to burn bridges since the owner is my vet.

Hoping to get some more trail riding in with the boys.  Of course now will be weekends. 

All the critters are doing well here. 95% of them are fat & sassy, the others are just sassy  :D

Raylin

Raylin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2014, 05:30:18 am »

Wow I have not posted here in 2 months, geesh.

As many of you read & witnessed my public bashing of what happened to Lucifer my dog. I happy to announce he is doing well & has been able to keep his leg without any surgery, he does have a limp but able to run & is a very happy goofy nut, like before.

We also made it through another fair with Randall & Raspberry the more they are together the greater the bond becomes. Katie sais as of now Randall can have her to 2016.  We knew going into this, it was only temporary.

A lot of things has been happening to me on a personal level. So far Joe & I have traveled to Cleveland Clinic to meet with a Psychologist.  Yes some may shudder to read that but I am getting lots of help. She specializes in MS patients is one reason we travel 2 hours to meet with her. Joe take off work, with no pay, to go with me so that is sort of hard to be honest & open with him beside me.  I know I hide things to the ones closet to me.  But the Dr is very good at reading me & digs a little for me to say what is on my mind.

So last 2 times I have had homework.  Joe says he notices a difference with me, which I am glad of, still lots to work on.

LAst week I went on my 1st official Search & rescue.  We didn't use the horses, just 4 wheelers to bring a couple who was in their 80's out of a hiking trail, they got lost, took a wrong turn & ended up on a horse trail instead of a hiking trail. So glad both came out unharmed.

The boys are doing well in school, both got great grades this last 9 weeks.

Well thought I would update on what was going on in my crazy life. 

Raylin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2014, 09:02:51 am »

Today the weather is bad ice everywhere, Roads are closed down, including interstates 70 & 77 here locally. I am glad I am home & so is Joe. Hopefully it will be mostly melted off before Mom gets off at 1.

Thursday was another trip up to Cleveland Clinic at 8 was my appointment with the psychologist, she gave me more tips & homework.

Later that afternoon I had my 2nd appointment of the day with the psychiatrist, to discuss the depression meds I am already on & what meds would be the best for me.  Boy he was asking questions about my childhood & something Joe did not know anything about, hard to answer them question in front of Joe.

When I came out of that appointment I was diagnosed with major depression disorder & generalized anxiety disorder, Boy more screwed up than I thought. It's bad when you walk out of appointments & you have a small book of paperwork, YIKES.  I go back Jan 6 & the 8.

Things here at home is going well. Both Joe & I don't like to confront people but we have a person that owes us 200 for making hay & they have not made an effort to pay us. Guess next year they will have to find someone else to do hay for them. 

I am tired of being nice.

Raylin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2014, 07:01:58 am »

I am not sure my new medication dosage is working or not but I am taking it.

Dealing with a cold right now, Joe had one last week & he decided to share & I can not seem to kick it, UGH Now Randall has it, poor kid had to miss his Christmas concert last night at school, so I knew he was really sick.

This weekend is busy will Christmas parties, we have our Search & Rescue one tonight & the Ohio Horseman's council one tomorrow night. I dis like getting dressed up especially when I don't feel 100%

Horses are doing well Blackjack has had a couple episodes of hypersalvation not sure what has caused it poor guy.  We think he got hay that had more clover in than he should get.  Brown has doing well so far for the last few months he has put on weight only 1 or 2 days of heave attacks.  Raz is doing well, to the point I have to stare for a bit to figure out if I am looking at her or Surprise's butt in the field.

Raylin

Raylin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2015, 09:39:37 am »

So a  new year has begun. Christmas was exciting this year at our house, I am pretty sure the boys got everything they wished for plus more.  With the money they got for Christmas they put it together & bought a nice TV for their new gaming system.

For me Joe shocked me by buying me a new saddle!!!!!!!!!

This year I am on a mission to declutter my LIFE!!!!! Trying to get rid of the negative things in my life.

New Year's Day, there was a group of us who went to Salt Fork & rode. It was a blustery day with HIGH winds but we all survived.

I got to use my new saddle, discovered that both Raz & Randall have grown since Sept!!! Which is a great thing for both, but I am going to have to buy him a new western saddle I am afraid.

Any time I can I try to get a picture of Randall & his Dad together.  Carter didn't go he was recovering from Pneumonia poor kid can't catch break.

Randall finally wiggled his way to the front & off him & Raz went.  LOL

I just hope I can keep up the motivation to declutter here.

Raylin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2015, 08:41:56 am »

I have been working on the decluttering, I have no clue why Joe & I have probably close to 30 coats between us. Good Lord, I keep finding more. LOL Plus the company Joe works for gives the guys a coat every year, some of them are still in the package!!!

I think I have made progress, not as much as some would think but it is a step forward for me. I am at a little bit of a stand still at the moment until we get more shelves put up in the basement.

Yesterday Randall went to his 1st show of the year, this one actually has gaited classes.  He got so discouraged in youth showmanship that he came out in tears. I had to remind him he had not worked with Raz since fair.  Plus he was the littlest kid with the biggest horse. In my thoughts the cones that he had to "trot" between was way to close to get Raz into gait, she is a very long strided mare, so when she gets going she had to stop & Randall is like a flea on her lead LOL She tries so hard to please & protect him, it is AMAZING to watch.

He placed last in the riding classes but he was showing against professionally trained horses that was worked with almost daily, blanketed & stalled. Razzy was pulled out of the field the night before shop vac to get the bits of hay off & had her fuzzy winter coat.

Here are a few pictures the arena lighting is one where it is hard to get pictures.
The night before with her blankie so she did not get poop all over her, I swear she makes a poop bed in her stall so she can lay in it.

I was not to impressed how they parked out the walking horses in the open breed class, the black one which he looked the best.

As you can see Randall in the middle for the showmanship class, there was 15 in there.

As you can see she is a FUZZY pony, Randall wanted to be on her so he could see LOL

Only picture of him in a class.

The have a show next month plan on going back. I am thinking I may bring a certain black mare out of retirement for that show & show the adults what a barefoot headshaking, teeth clacking mare can do LOL that is along as I can keep her head on straight.

RAylin

Raylin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2015, 09:46:20 am »

almost another month has went by, where has the time gone?

I took a break from decluttering.  Didn't get the shelves up yet in the basement so instead of boxes being stacked on boxes, I took a break from it. Hey Rome was not built in a day.

One great thing that Joe got done yesterday evening was we have a shower now with actual handles. The cold water handle broke several years ago so we had been using vice grips & pliers to turn on & off the cold water. Redneck but it worked.

Life has been pretty crazy which is normal for us.  I subbed all week last week at the preschool at the church. Let me tell you a bunch of 3-5 year olds can wear a person out. LOL It was only for 3 hours a day but geesh I felt like I worked 40 hours last week.  I told Joe I honestly can tell I have a disability because the end of the week I was dragging. I was going to bed at 8:30 at night & falling right to sleep which I never do.

All the snow has melted here for now, I am happy the ground is frozen I lost count on how many times I fell going up the hill to feed or water the donkey, it is SLICK

Both boys brought home their progress reports from school & they are doing well.  I get aggravated by the lack of communications between teachers & parents. I understand that the teachers are under lots of stress & such but please reply back.

I help out a neighbor guy when I can, he busted his ankle & can't drive his standard truck so I drive it for him to haul metal he sells to people so yesterday I was in 3 states. I can get spoiled driving his truck, a 3500 Dodge crew cab 6 speed manual transmission.

We added to our funny farm yesterday, just hoe Lou doesn't eat them.

Raylin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2015, 08:50:07 am »

The boys have not had school all this week due to the weather. I hope they go back next week. They can really drive a person crazy. They are out at my Mom's today with my Grandma.

I know I caught a few off guard with my back handing comment when it comes to discipline on my boys. For the fact I don't beat them like some may think. I know there is different methods in the madness when it comes to raising kids. Everyone is different. Carter is one who pushes & pushes there are several times I want to throw my hands up & run away. I know I am not prefect never said I had been, I try to do the best I can.

On other news still decluttering this mess called a house. I am plugging along a little at a time. I have decided I am going to have a yard sale either here at the house or at our Church & once the sale is over the left overs will find a new home.

Raylin

Raylin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2015, 12:40:52 pm »

Last week was not a good week. I had to say goodbye to my Great Uncle DoDo.  He was my Grandma's older brother & they practically raised each other. My Great Grandpa Clark lost his wife when my Grandma was 3 years old. So Great Grandpa had to work to provide for his kids.

One cousin of mine, Uncle Dwight's STEP son tried to run the whole show. Mind you Uncle Dwight has 4 kids of his own.  He had been a PITA through the whole time uncle Dwight broke his hip.  I am glad it is over with. I feel so bad for Grandma she thought so much of her beloved brother.  We have been trying to keep her busy with things & I told her that we can work decluttering her bedroom at Mom's sometime this week. I KNOW where I got my packrat skills from.

I also want to look for a cat for Grandma, not a kitten but something a little older so it will not be over playful.  So I am planning on looking at different rescues. Our county does not do much for the cats only dogs here. :(

We are having yet another snow day. from the looks of the roads a 2 hour delay would have been fine.

I made them work this morning. Cleaned stalls, fed, dehaired Brown some more, put clothes away, empty trash cans, etc.

March is MS awareness month. Thinking about doing something for it but not sure what yet.

Anyway that is my ramble for the day. LOL
Raylin

Raylin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2015, 01:02:50 pm »

Well I have not written anything for a while. 

This last week has been totally crazy I have been to Cleveland Clinic 4 days last week to see my Grandpa Heston, we have now found out he has a type of leukemia which is treated only when a problem occurs.  As of now the blood count is starting to get to more normal levels.  it is called Myelodysplastic syndromes (MDS)

Last Friday was a hard day for me. I had to say goodbye to Lucifer, Lou, the dog. Anyone reading this knows he came from a bad situation.  Well on the 19th, he decided to basically attack Brown who was standing tied to the round pen. Lou bit him in the ankles several times even after being corrected.  In my mind was, what if.............. one of the boys was on a horse he done this, leading a horse, or even another adult on a horse. Lou also nipped at a couple of adults I was sick over the whole thing still am. I looked at rehoming him but I did not feel right doing that & he attack something or someone again.  I held him tight as he passed over the bridge, also so greatful my vet came to the house & done it.

I did get my Grandma a cat, Mom has warmed up to the idea some. Grandma loves Momma, she came from a rescue that 2 ladies run by donations & their own pocket. Momma came off the streets & nursed orphan kittens. She is a love bug.

This past week the weather done a number on Brown's Heaves poor guy could not breathe at all, luckily it lasted 3 days this time.

I am wore out I think the 220+ mile round trip has done a number on me. I am trying to play catch up today. I am thankful I have a husband that helps, but he found out how much running around I do in a week for the boys.

I think that is about all going on here.

Raylin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2015, 06:55:41 am »

Things have slowed down some this past week. I am on a mission to lose weight. I have to do something, I can barely walk because my knee is hurting so bad & I want to be able to mount Lovey from the ground this year. Hate to be on a Search & Rescue call & can't get back on my horse if I have to get off. That would be embarrassing.

I am so happy the way Brown looks this spring, usually he is pretty ribby &  looks bad this winter even though it was harsh he looks awesome!! Actually plump compared to past years.  I have been giving him turn out time in the pasture where the grass is greening up. He has been running & playing bucking & jumping. I LOVE it.

For those who have watched the boys grow, Carter turned 8 on the 7th of April.  I just can not believe my baby is that old.  Him & I do bump heads a lot, shhhhhhh don't tell but I think it is because him & I are so much alike. LOL 

Both boys are not into horses as much as I would like them to be but I can not change their mind. I do have rounds with Randall that a certain red head will be heading to Texas if he doesn't help out LOL that usually works.

Grandpa is doing much better, he is at the nursing home doing rehab & if all goes will he will be able to go back home full time Saturday. Mom is taking him up to Cleveland Clinic tomorrow for 2 appointments then he will be going back the 30th to see the cardiologist.

I am still bothered by euthanizing Lou just was a very hard decision for me to make.

Raylin
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up