Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Raylin's Thoughts & Ramblings  (Read 3958 times)

Raylin

• "If you only knew what your horses thought of you!"
  • Global Moderator
Raylin's Thoughts & Ramblings
« on: November 18, 2013, 01:03:25 pm »

I thought I would start a new journal instead of moving my old on over here. Looking at my old journal I had not posted since the first part of Oct.
On Oct 17th Joe & I celebrated 15 years of marriage  :-*, thought that is pretty good.

Joe has not talked to his Mom since Sept on Randall's birthday, even though he has tried to call several times, at least his Dad will answer his phone. It is always a struggle with the in laws, I feel for him but he said he is not bothered by it.

Still no pop/soda I was down on weight but stressed & ate  :-[  So that is a battle here.

Both boys are doing well in school & for the most part they like it, Carter is just not a morning person so he does not want to get up LOL, don't blame him.

Mom left her job at Avon & went to insurance school for a week & so far has taken the state test twice & has missed passing by 2 points, her last test was Saturday when she came out she was almost in tears.  At that point she was ready to throw in the towel, but the lady, who she will be replacing cause she will be retiring, talked to Mom & will help her, also her new boss don't want to give up on Mom either he knows she can do it. I have faith she can also but her faith is being really tested right now.

Raylin

Raylin

• Global Moderator
Re: Raylin's Thoughts & Ramblings
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2013, 07:57:47 pm »

Well Mom passed her insurance test on her 3rd try. Which is a relief to her.

It has been a year now that I lost Mickey still think of him everyday, I miss him so much.

Brown's eye has swelled a couple more times. I just press & empty it out through the little weep hole, I really don't think it is infection, there is not a bad odor to the discharge it is more snot like than anything.

I went to the OB/GYN today it looks like I will be facing surgery in the beginning of the year. Darn leaky bladder. So I will have that tacked up with a mesh. Of course having MS can cause leakage issues also but at least the surgery will help when I am lifting stuff or cough.

This weekend is going to be busy, Sat is the local Christmas parade Joe is in it with Search & Rescue, plus he is riding Friday with the head guy. Then Sunday is Randall's dance recital at 1 & 6

The pastor at the church has asked if the boys will so the advent at the church Randall will read it & Carter will light the candle.

Raylin

Raylin

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2013, 12:46:40 pm »

Stressing, that is how I can put it, I am stressing.  Usually we go to Joe's family for Christmas, where all his brothers & sister is at. Which there is about 25 there, ( he has 4 brothers & 1 sister)

This year we are not meeting as a family, in fact I have not been to the in laws since last Christmas.  ::) Can't say I will miss going there.

Instead now his Mom & Dad are going to come to our house on the 21st My MIL is a neat freak & I am not. I know how she bad mouths everyone & I know she has done a share about me. So I am freaked out that I need to have this 896 sqft house spotless.

Plus need to think of a meal for them. I know I can run to my Mom but I would like to do this all on my own or at least 99% of it.

I am not trying to let Joe know how much it is bothering me he don't need the stress, but I am sure him biting the boys & his head off he can tell it is bothering me some.

Raylin

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2013, 08:28:32 am »

Well the house is ALMOST organized. Still odds & ends that need to be put somewhere!!!

I made my last visit to Cleveland Clinic yesterday. All is looking well no new lesions & since I have had no relapses my meds are working well for my MS. So I don't have to go till June of new year!!!!!!!!!

On the way home Joe & I went Christmas shopping for the boys, it was like having a kid with me. Geesh!!!

My mother in law did confirm that they are planning on coming Saturday.  ::) I just need to let them know the time.

Raylin

Raylin

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2014, 09:00:58 am »

I have not updated in a while, guess either to busy or nothing interesting.

I survived the visit from the in laws, kind of went without a major bobble or anything.

Karen & John, officially own Shiner now, which is bitter sweet but that is the best thing for her & us she will have more attention & we have one less mouth to feed here.

I had my bladder tack up surgery yesterday so far so good. I am sore but not overly sore. Not lifting anything over 10 pounds for 6 weeks will be driving me crazy. I know feeding good but best not to over do it.

I am not looking forward to the below 0 temps that are rolling in, a friend offered some extra blankets she has to have for the horses.

Raylin

Raylin

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2014, 11:32:42 am »

Has it been 6 weeks yet?!?!?!?! I am going so stir crazy & having to watch what I do & lift. I have spent 3 days taking down the darn Christmas tree.  :P

Of course at night I knew I over done it & really did not do much.   :-\ Joe has been feeding for me, I was in the barn last night to help a little not sure how much help I was but I was up there. 

I am still working on figuring out a new budget for the house, hopefully lower some the bills & save more $$$ this year.

The coal company, that the blasting company Joe works for, had a layoff at the end of December, we knew it was coming just not sure when, well it happened.  I feel for the guys who lost their job, luckily oil & gas is picking up around here so maybe they can get on there. Some of the strip mine pits was also closed & them guys was moved to another pit, worst part some went from 15 minute drive to over an hour drive to work now.  Joe's uncle who is a higher up at the blasting company is looking out for their guys. He is going & bidding road jobs that need explosive work. To keep the guys working. Some jobs are down in WV & KY. So far Joe does not have to travel but it may come to that. Joe's uncle is trying to keep the ones who have younger kids & families here at home, but you never know.

The horses faired well over this cold snap. The neighbor who owns Chester is making a shed for him to bring over here to the house & it will be moveable.  Even when or if Chester leaves we can keep the shed, so it will be nice when we need an extra place to stick a horse or another critter.

I can not get over how FAT Brown actually is this winter, which I am so happy for, he will be 24 in May, which is unbelievable. Ginger is not fairing as well but being 30+ I am not going to complain.

Raylin

Raylin

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2014, 01:42:55 pm »

It has only been 2 weeks since my surgery I am going so stir crazy. I have been out the barn & fed a few times now.  I know I need to behave but I just can not sit around especially since I got on the scales Makes me sick to know what I actually make.

How things can change, Joe came home last night & looks like he will have to go to KY to do blasting, which is 6 hours away. I can say at least he has a job. I told him to look or ask around when he has to go down there & if there are any trails close, maybe this summer if he has to go down there I can take the horses & boys down there.

Raylin

Raylin

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2014, 04:52:23 pm »

I have no idea where I found this energy but I am so glad I have found it. I have not had a nap all this week. Which I normally took a hour nap at least 3 times a week.

I am still suppose to be on limited duty.  ::) I have not lifted anything extremely heavy but I am back to feeding the horses. just have not cleaned stalls.

I am working on DE cluttering the house, today I went through papers & shredded lots of papers I did not need anymore. There is still so much to do but it is a start.

It is sort of freeing decluttering & getting rid of un wanted items, I figure just start going through things now & maybe but next year I will have everything gone through & everything cleaned out.

Raylin

Raylin

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2014, 09:02:43 am »

I want my energy to come back I so miss it.

One more week & I will be completely off of restricted weight limits. Even though I have been doing some just not as much as I usually would.

Last Sunday started the 7 weeks of indoor soccer for the boys. Both boys enjoys it. So we let them do it.  Maybe sometime this month they will head back to school. They only went 2 days last week. & the weather does not look to good for them to go Monday. :/ I have lost track on how many days the boys have missed.

I have kind of slowed on my decluttering. But I will charge on. I know the crappy cold dreary weather does not help matters that much.

I am so proud of Randall, he is my little star. Not to leave Carter out he is a great boy but he is not one that seeks the spotlight like Randall does.   Carter shines in his own way.

Carter put this year he wants to learn how to ride a horse. So we will have to work on that for him.  Need to have someone teach him the basics I am not a good teacher for him.

Joe has volunteered to work last Saturday & this Saturday. Which means he leaves at 4:30 or 5 & isn't home till 8 at night.  Which is nice on the check since overtime is lacking right now where he works just hard on him & the boys.  Next Saturday he is off so that will be nice.

Raylin

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2014, 10:09:51 pm »

STRESS, one word sums it up.

I am at a loss of words right now, I know hard for those who really know me to believe it.

As many of you know I help out a local rescue, not only my time & support, but also Joe's time by making hay & hauling items for them. Well it was released yesterday that the are under investigation for misuse of donations they received over the years & not having the proper paper work & other things.  All the times I have personally helped I did not see any misuse of $$$ but of course I was not there with a lot of the business dealings.  I was there for the support & care of the horses. That is where BlackJack came from.  I pray that the truth will come out & that I was not  misled & neither was the folks who donating to the rescue.  I for one will feel horrible if I told someone to trust them & it was not true. I have to say the family is my friends & they did not do wrong by me. I still feel for them.

I sometimes wonder why things happen the way they do, I know God has his reasons but sometimes I wished I knew what they was.  I get so frustrated on why things happen to good people.

My mind has been running a million miles an hour it seems lately I know it is not good for me or my body but really not sure what to do to slow it down.

A good friend of mine, who owned Ginger, just had her Mom's old horse die in front of her this week. My friend has been so heart broken over it. This mare was Ginger's buddy & cared for Ginger when she lived at this farm. Stacy told me I am never to tell her when Ginger dies she does not think she could handle it.  Ginger was the last her horse Dad had bought for her before he passed away. So there is a special spot in her heart for the old mare. Which Ginger is not fairing to well but she is eating & acting perky and is able to get around well. 

For about a week my neck has been out & I know part of it is due to stress but also over doing it in the barn working & cleaning.  But I am glad to get back to doing things for myself & not relying on Joe to do all the heavy lifting.

Him & I figured in the last year or a little over there has been at least 6 guys leave where he works at.  Joe has thought about leaving a few time but he has to look out for his family & insurance, which we have to have with me, UGH. I am not sure if there will be change anytime soon or not with the actual pay itself or not.  right now the strip mining part of it has slowed down some but they are starting to do blasting for gas well pads & compressor stations.

One the critter  front all is well. The mini donkey foal I am caring for is doing well eating good & I can see he is actually growing some. Still not sure what caused his momma to die suddenly but Rocky is doing well.  Brown is starting to shed already but he normally sheds sooner than everyone else, not sure if it cause he is in the barn more or he thinks he has to look good for the ladies in the spring LOL

I am trying not to let things bother me, cause from past experience stress & darn MS is not a great combo at all. 

Just don't know what to think a lot of times. seems a lot of times I think we are doing right, trusting the right people only to get pooed on in the end.

Sorry for rambling thinking this may help me sleeps, not sure why my brain could not have an off switch it would make life so much simpler.

Raylin

Raylin

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2014, 12:41:39 pm »

Why can't my Mom catch a break?  :'(  Today is her last day at the insurance office she started the end of November.  to make a long story short. The boss said that business was down this month, which was down at his other office. At the office Mom worked at she was the only person working there which as much work as there it would keep 2 people busy.  The other office has 4 employees. 

I feel for her. So frustrating.  Joe & I covered Mom's propane bill & help where we can, since she was not even working 40 hours a week.

They are calling for snow & lots of it starting Saturday night, I went & done grocery shopping & stocked up on Senior horse feed ( where I have bought it is closing so I got a little bit of a price break per bag.  I think I know of another place I can get it & they will donate a certain % to your child's 4-H club Which is a plus.

The boys are loving their indoor soccer which I love to watch them.

I sort of fell of the weight loss thing, need to get back on it & get healthy.

Sometime during March I will taking Raz out to our vet's indoor arena & boarding stable for a month so we can get a jump start on getting her in shape & Randall beck into riding. the place is a little more than 10 minutes out the road so it is close. If I could afford I would take another one out so him & I or him & Carter could ride together in the ring.   But right now our 1st priority is Raz & Randall, the R&R team

Raylin

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2014, 10:52:36 am »

Well we got the new horse for Carter so he can trail ride with us this year. So much for cutting back on the number of mouths to feed. actually we have lots of round bales left this year & plenty of squares, go figure.  Joe told me to sell the extra rounds but did not tell me a price yet.

Joe has been either driving my truck or Envoy cause an injector is out of his Ford. So it is sitting & there is a box sitting in the front room with all new injectors & kit to replace everything.  Joe was going to do it his self with a buddy's help, I finally convinced him to take to a mechanic, it will cost more but they have done it before.

My farrier is older & has been having health issues so I am hunting a new one. I think I found a young Amish guy to do the feet, $12 a trim, just have to haul them to him.

I never have made it to take Raz to the indoor ring, to board.  We did last weekend extend out the round pen & move Chester's shed outside of the pen so I can block it off & ride in it.

My Mom is starting a new job Monday, she will be office manager, title clerk & salesman at a small car dealership in town. I am hoping this is the job she needs.

Raylin

Raylin

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2014, 07:25:58 am »

Still waiting on us to catch a break, Joe's truck is still at the mechanic. they got all the remanufactured injectors in started ran great. They guy was doing all the finishing work when he started it back up one of the new injectors stuck open filled his shop full of smoke & so he had to tear the truck back down & figure which injector is bad & pull it. Joe had to call & have another injector shipped to us. Which should be here the 10th, Joe is fed up but I told him crap happens but I can understand he is frustrated.

My Envoy will have to go to the mechanic after the truck is out cause it has issues. Plus Joe's big tractor has 2 flat rear tires so it needs loaded up taken to the tire shop & tires fixed. I am hoping that will be all the repairs that need done for a while. Well besides his hay mower, forgot about that UGH!

On a good note Carter celebrated his 7th birthday he is growing up way to fast, I can not believe he is 7 already. He had a party Saturday with a lot of his classmates & friends it was fun. A lot of the kids are "city" kids so they was so happy to get to see the horses & donkeys.   I got Raz out so all the kids took a turn on riding her. I really think she enjoyed all the attention. :)

Mom did get a new job she is a title clerk & car salesman at a buy here pay here, so basically back to her roots, she worked in a car dealership for years.  I hope this works out for her she needs a break in her life.

Raylin
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 06:56:32 am by Raylin »

Raylin

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2014, 07:17:43 am »

I am so happy last week is over. It is one week I don't want to ever do over again. Trust me it had it's good points but had some very bad ones.

I have seen the true colors of a person that I wish to never have contact with ever again. I was to the point I seen RED, I was not a kind or anyway of a Christian person but don't accuse me about something on my porch & run away, not to settle anything. I say good ridden.  Life will be much easier this way now don't need that poison in my or my family's life.

Then Thursday I said good bye to my Annabelle, my 15 year old cat, she had kidney failure that was far advanced.

This last week was also holy week. So we spent a lot of time at our Church. I never thought I would find a Church & great friends in one place.

Randall has been the Liturgist this past month & Pastor Karen asked him to be part of Maundy Thursday's service & Good Friday. He was welled received by the congregation & visitors we had. Even the other pastors we had at the Church. I can not be prouder of him or his Brother. Carter lights the candles also.

We did clean up for Easter Sunday:

Judi, slamduncan, done us a HUGE favor & fixed Carter's blankie for him. It was falling apart so I sent it off to RI, for some tender loving Care. I can say Carter is so happy to have his blankie back, & I am glad it smells better. ;) Judi gave it a good cleaning before it arrived back in Ohio.

With the nice weather we are working more outside & hope to get a little bit ahead on things before hay season hits.  Joe did give up one of the farms he puts up for hay, it was the furthest away & hauling all the equipment was had on him & us. So we are doing fields closer to here at home.

Plus with him in Search & Rescue he will need to spend some more time riding horses.

Randall is signed up with NWHA trail program now with Raz. They make such a great combo & she is the sweetest mare.

Raylin   

Raylin

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2014, 07:30:00 am »

Well it has been a little since I posted here. Things have been trucking along. I was able to sell Rocky the neighbors young donkey that was staying here, so one less mouth to care for.

Coco has settled down some & don't bother the mares are bad but Surprise is a hussy when she is in heat & he likes the attention. Raz was in full heat but she was more interested in Brown than Coco. She must know which once could help her the most LOL

The boys have 2 & 1/2 weeks of school left than it is smmer break.  I am hoping I can take them trail riding this summer more. Since we have 3 dependable horses for us to ride. Randall can rack up some trail riding miles for NWHA & TWHBEA.

Last week ended in me Taking the neighbor's pygmy goat to OSU for a blocked bladder & started this week by picking up the goat from OSU, I am thankful he made a full recovery.

Lets see what this week brings.

Raylin
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up